Note that these videos are not necessarily the best, just the most viewed, which goes to show that the lowest common denominator in the popular culture often rules.
1. Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend (Embedding disabled), 109,018,213 views
2. Evolution (De-evolution?) of Dance, 105,748,145 views
3. ~YouTube Worst Video of All Time~, 92,405,079 views
4. Chris Brown, With You (Embedding Disabled), 78,797,436
5. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love (Embedding disabled), 75,677,461 views
6. Rihanna - Don't Stop The Music (Embedding disabled), 75,547,886 views
7. Jeff Dunham -- Achmed the Dead Terrorist, 74,609,510 views
8. Alicia Keys--No One (Embedding disabled), 70,442,210 views
9. Timbaland--Apologize (feat, One Republic), 70,092,040 views
10. HaHaHa (Laughing Baby), 68,356,153 views
11. Charlie Bit My Finger -- Again! 64,759,312 views
12. Chris Brown; Chris Brown featuring T-Pain - Kiss Kiss, (Embedding disabled), 60,969,410 views
13. Akon -- "Don't Matter," 59,381,806 views
14. Timbaland - The Way I Are OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO (Embedding Disabled), 55,694,662 views
15. My Chemical Romance -- Teenagers, 55,549,162 views
16. Potter Puppet Pals in "The Mysterious Ticking Noise", 55,128,778 views
17. Guitar, 52,511,848 views
18. Jonas Brothers -- SOS Music -- Official (HQ), 51,757,782 views
Web master's note: This kid is awesome; you just have to hear his rock renditions of classical music. Simply amazing.
19. Miley Cyrus -- 7 Things -- Official Music Video (HQ), 50,127,257 views
20. High School Musical, 47,924,667 views
21. Jonas Brothers -- Burnin' Up -- Official Music Video (HQ), 47,595,877 views
22. Britney Spears - Gimme More (Embedding Disabled), 45,960,224 views
23. My Chemical Romance -- Famous Last Words, 44,806,458 views
24. Soulja Boy Tell`em - Crank That (Soulja Boy) (Embedding Disabled), 42,073,111
25. OK Go - Here It Goes Again, 41,846,959 views
Well, that's it for now.
These are the most-viewed 25 videos at this moment in time; tomorrow this list would probably be slightly different.
This Top 25 list is not something that I'd post again--a very painful experience.
Most viewed does NOT necessarily equal quality; most of these "popular" videos scream crushing mediocrity and numbing sameness. Why do these groups imitate each other?
In my opinion, these whiny boy and girl singers will eventually fade into obscurity.
Observation: Miley Cyrus sounds like she's hitting the cigarettes; no 16-year-old should have that kind of "smoky voice."
Happily, one video stands out: #17.
This young guitarist does wonderful things to both his guitar and classical music; his rendition is both original and extremely well done. One does not usually speak of hard rock and classical music in the same breath, but this musician pulls it off.
An amazing talent. I hope someone in the music industry discovers him and offers him the chance to grow as a young musician and beyond.
The babies were kind of cute, but not worthy of all the attention. (Sorry, Moms and Dads.)
The rest get a huge raspberry.